Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Love of a Mother...

Their smiles... their tears... watching them while they're sleeping...
I love to watch them when they have no idea... their care free spirits... their realness...

I wonder if they could ever imagine the love that overflows in my heart for each of them...
I wonder if they realize that their souls are intertwined with mine...
When they hurt I hurt...
When they laugh I laugh...
When they long I long...

Sometimes the frustrations we feel as mothers can be overwhelming... sometimes we just feel like giving up... then you look into their eyes and the heart pull is so strong.

Sometimes it seems useless and they just will never learn or understand...

I watched him this afternoon outside... he didn't know I was watching... his strong hands playing with the dog... his smile and jolly demeanor... his sensitive nature for all creatures...

I watched him today walking through the yard... looking around for his brothers... he is growing so fast and becoming a man...  in between little boy and big boy...

I watched him today as he strode up the stairs... manly and strong... so handsome... quiet natured and deep... I have always said that deep waters run silent... that is his soul...

I watched her today as she drove away... a young woman she is becoming... working her way in the world... trying to find herself and know herself... she is so tender hearted and warm, yet with a wild streak...

When I look at them and watch... my heart wants nothing more than to protect them from every harm in the world...  to just make them listen to me and trust what I tell them...
Then I remember myself when I was that age... experience

Prayer is a mothers weapon... it is our ever trust worthy weapon in this war fare for their souls...  We can never give up praying, trusting the Father... praying that hedge about them...

"Love is unselfish, understanding, and kind, for it sees with its heart and not with its mind.  Love gives and forgives; there is nothing too much for love to heal with its magic touch.  Love is the language that every heart speaks, for love is the one thing that every heart seeks.  And where there is love God, too,will abide and bless the family residing inside."  Helen Steiner Rice

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment