Friday, December 28, 2012

Relationships, Obedience and Faith...

"Faith lays hold upon the Lord Jesus with a firm and determined grasp. She knows his excellence and worth, and no temptation can induce her to repose her trust elsewhere; and Christ Jesus is so delighted with this heavenly grace, that he never ceases to strengthen and sustain her by the loving embrace and all-sufficient support of his eternal arms."  Charles Spurgeon
As I turn to the Lord for strength, He is always right there to lead me along the still waters of His truth and faithfulness.  As of late the Lord has been leading me and showing me my need to act in intercessory prayer... I believe so strongly in this... I know the Lord uses those that are willing to be used.  It is difficult sometimes... scary... but His grace is sufficient.  As I turn to Him, He is there waiting with that loving embrace, ready to support me through the trials I face... knowing He will never give me more than I can bear, I go in faith and trust... yet I fail... I fear sometimes... questioning and reasoning with myself... human I am...  But then He sends me a message from above through devotions... friends... As I put forth my full trust in Him, He is faithful, oh how faith grows when fed.

"Here, then, is established a living, sensible, and delightful union which casts forth streams of love, confidence, sympathy, complacency, and joy, whereof both the bride and bridegroom love to drink. When the soul can evidently perceive this oneness between itself and Christ, the pulse may be felt as beating for both, and the one blood as flowing through the veins of each. Then is the heart as near heaven as it can be on earth, and is prepared for the enjoyment of the most sublime and spiritual kind of fellowship." Charles Spurgeon

This fellowship, this union cannot be had by one... it takes both... more so on my own part. Christ is ever by my side... it is I that get busy and veer off the path. He never left, He never looked away... ever watching and guarding His child... Yes relationships take effort, not just the ones we have here in our daily life, but most importantly our relationship with Him. It is a continual building, striving, delighting oneself in His love...  His love can be compared to nothing we have here in this world... and the joys that will abound to those of us that are faithful in this life are unimaginable to the joys that we will have in Heaven...with Him...

Oh to grow in faith, love and peace... may that be our goal in this life...
Until next time,
Jean


     

No comments:

Post a Comment