Saturday, July 14, 2012

Want's & Needs...

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:19

Wants... well those are the things that we look at and think about how nice it would be to have. Or they can be things that we genuinely feel we need... maybe it is something we think will bring us joy... for the moment... 

Instant gratification kind of falls into this category.  I am all about instant gratification... yes, this is a confession.  I do also know and whole heartedly believe that, 'all good things come to those who wait...'   I always tell my friends that's why God made me to love gardening so much... there is no such thing as instant gratification in this department...  I am one of those gardener's that loves to trade plants with friends... every time they bloom you can smile with the thought of that person.  I also always look on the clearance racks in the plant department for the half dead plants that they are about to throw away, but just know that I can revive it.  I also have learned to be patient and wait till the end of the season when everything goes on sale!  Want's to some degree can be temporal and notwithstanding although they may make us feel good for the present moment.

Needs... on the other hand fall into most often a not so glamorous category... food, clothing and shelter. Relationships too are a need I believe...  I wonder if many people realize their need for Him... He will always provide to His own the needs in life... not always the wants but always the needs.  He provides His love and forgiveness for free to any and all who ask... all He asks in return is for your love and adoration, a commitment in your life to Him and daily relationship...

Wants and needs... it takes daily seeking and asking of wisdom to be able to distinguish between the two.

Until next time,
Jean
    

No comments:

Post a Comment