Friday, June 15, 2012

Thankful

"Everyone needs someone to be thankful for, and each day of life we are aware of this more.  For the joy of enjoying and the fullness of living are found only in hearts that are filled with thanksgiving." Helen Steiner Rice

I am so thankful for so many things... my husband, children, church, friends and even the roof over my head.  Life is filled with so many happy moments that if we can just focus on those things, life would be a much grander place to dwell.  It is a choice though, be gloomy or be happy! As I always try to tell my children, your day will be what you make of it.  You have a choice in allowing others to brighten it or darken it.  We also need to take into consideration how we affect someone else day... it really isn't all about 'me'.  Do we look at our self and ask, 'Did what I say or do make that person sad or happy?' 

Just awhile back I needed to go and make something right with a lady that I was not very nice to.  I felt very bad for my reaction to something she did that upset me.  I made the choice to respond poorly, no one made me.  Praise God that He did not allow me to go on with a clear conscience, and He did not give me peace over the incident.  I did then go back to her an apologize for my behavior and asked her to forgive me.  She graciously did and I was very thankful for that. 

"He chastens those He loves..." I am so thankful for that.  I am also so thankful for the shed blood of Jesus and the forgiveness that it provides.

Until next time,
Jean

    

No comments:

Post a Comment