Sunday, November 4, 2012

Strenth and Weekness

“For my strength is made perfect in weakness.”  2Corinthians 12:9

"God will have no strength used in his battles but the strength which he himself imparts. Are you mourning over your own weakness? Take courage, for there must be a consciousness of weakness before the Lord will give thee victory. Your emptiness is but the preparation for your being filled, and your casting down is but the making ready for your lifting up."  Charles Spurgeon

With having five sons this is a challenging scripture to impart into their minds... after all they are men in the making.  Kyle and Ethan especially are young 'men' and like to test their strengths against one another. They will often wrestle and challenge one another to races and so forth... very normal 'boy' behavior. 

Teaching this 'weakness' mentality to growing young men as a mom is also a challenge. There is the example thing again... I need to concentrate on being an example to them.  Yesterday  I took Kyle and Ethan out hunting. While we were getting ready to go, I realized that I had 'misplaced' something of great value... I prayed, but I just couldn't find it.  After a bit of looking around and more prayer, I finally came across it.  Suddenly Kyle came in from looking in the truck and said, "Did you find it?"... "Yes," I said, "I did!" with tears almost filling my eyes.  Kyle said, "I prayed Mom!"  Oh the faith of a child... or young man!  So we left then and I dropped off my two young men at the side of the road for them to trek into the woods... we prayed that they would get something and off they went. I watched them go and they turned back and waved... they will never truly know or understand the love of a mother... but I have to focus on the example of showing the love... Christ's love.


Christ was a man with the same like passions the scriptures teach us... yet He never sinned.  Where did his strength lie some may wonder and ask... it lied in His Father above.  He was challenged with every temptation that we know today, yet He never sinned.  Jesus is our example to live by today... He is the one that we can turn to in our times of temptations... we just need to remember to look up as He did... our perfect example.  We do not need to stumble and fall... we just need to be remained focused on our walk with Him and not anyone else... just my own.  To remain focused on that is where the challenge lies, at least for me. I believe though, that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me... and so can you!

Until next time,
Jean








   

No comments:

Post a Comment