Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dragonflies and Garden Wrens...



"Faith is knowing there is an ocean because there is a brook." William Arthur Ward

My favorite insect is the Dragonfly and my favorite bird is a Garden Wren...  and God knows that.  I believe that He will let us know He is there with us by showing us Himself in things that might not mean anything to anyone else, yet speak clearly to each individual. I always say how faithful the Lord is and I mean it from the bottom of my heart...

I had mentioned several posts ago about the dragonflies I saw at market... the seven mating pairs... for several more Saturday's there were always several of them right behind our booth simply hovering about...well those were not the only sitings... All summer long where ever I was, in the backyard, the field, front garden or where ever, there was always a dragonfly flitting about...

Here are a few of the more special ones.
~ We took the children up to Houghton Lake over Fourth of July and as we were out on the pontoon one came right into the boat and landed on my lap... it stayed with us for some time, even climbing on mine and Ryan's fingers...
~Neil & I were on the freeway in Ohio stuck totally in a traffic jam and there all of sudden was this big, beautiful dragonfly just hovering over the center, grassy median right beside our car...

Well last week as I was on the phone with one of my dear friends, I was standing looking out the dining room window and all of a sudden a little Garden Wren landed right on the porch railing.  Now for you bird enthusiasts you know that wrens like wooded areas and don't really come about like that... Yes there are lots of woods across the road... about a quarter mile and behind us about half a mile... but not in my yard. You see the dragonflies are gone now with the cold weather... God knows that too...

I don't think God is in either the dragonfly or the wren, but I do believe they are His creatures that He created and He can have them do His will... I also believe that He will show me He is with me in little reminders like these... not common situations at all, but quite the contrary... He will show me He is with me in ways that I will know in my heart... He will show me He cares about me by bringing little things that bring a smile because He loves me... He reminds me of His presence in ways that I cannot mistake for anything else...


 


As I seek Him, He will find me...  As you seek Him, He will find you...
Until next time,
Jean
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment