Tuesday, September 11, 2012

God's Tears

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there  be any more pain;..." Revelation 21:4a

When I was little I always believed that when it rained it was God crying because of the bad things that happened on the earth... then His tears would water everything thereby having purpose....  it's a sweet, childish notion.  I don't know that God cries, but I believe he sorrows for His lost children. 

As parents we take great care in teaching our children about not wandering away from us and getting lost. If you have children of your own or have ever been a care giver you know exactly what I am talking about...

A couple years ago Neil and the boys were at market when Neil found himself looking for Ethan, then eleven years old and couldn't find him.  After about a half hour of desperate searching for him by many vendors, our market master and Neil, Ethan couldn't be found.  To say the least Neil felt hopeless as did all of our market vendor friends.  The decision was made to call the police... a sicking feeling to say the least.  After a bit more time creeped by, Ethan was found... he was in the Ace Hardware store right across from the market looking at tools... Of course, where else would our mechanic be?  Neil didn't call me during this episode but waited to tell me when he got home.  I looked at my son and thought how thankful I was to be able to look into his deep blue eyes... I just cried at the thought of never seeing him again... the thought of wondering where he was... My mind raced at 'what could of happened'. I just hugged him and cried... Neil said he had grabbed hold of him and just cried too when he was found. Ethan had no idea what fear and grief Neil felt when he had thought that our son was lost ... the emotions that went through his mind thinking about telling me... Ethan had no idea the relief that was felt when he was found.

To loose a child would be heart wrenching... I realize there are folks out there that don't get that feeling of relief and thankfulness when a lost child is found. There are folks out there that have lost a child in accidents, kidnapping and worse.  My mother heart can't imagine that pain...

God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us like that... a love indescribable... a love so great that He sent His only son to die for us... He has so many lost children out there that His heart is aching over... If you are lost, He is there waiting with out stretched arms... fly into them now.

Until next time,
Jean






     

No comments:

Post a Comment