Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Trust in the Lord with all thine Heart

"Trust in the Lord with all thine Heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

This was the Bible verse in one of my daily devotions today... I love this verse... it gives strength to the weary... faith in times of needless worry... peace when the storms are raging...

Children don't seem to let life's situations get to them too much, especially when they are little... dad and mom will take care of it.  Why can't I say, 'Dad, (God) WILL take care of it?'... I know He will, He always has.  Human nature is so much against faith, don't you think?  We always want to take care of things on our own in our own way in our own time.  But we are told that His ways are not our ways, and our thoughts are not His thoughts... I know this is true.  I am so human and proned to fail, but I know that I can keep pressing on because He is by my side.  When all my friends fail me... when the world around is cold... when family is against me... I have Him always, for if He is for me who can be against me?

We as parents always try to do our very best for our children and sometimes doing our best is letting them fall off that bike a few times till they get the hang of it... because we know they will... just keep trying.  We trust that our children will someday understand why we said 'no' to so many things... because we do know better, despite what they think.  We let them try their wings as they grow older and have faith that they will come back home safely... because they know we care.  This is the way it is with our Heavenly Father as well... we are babes in the beginning and the trials are small and easy... we grow into our spiritual youth and the tests become a bit more trying... but He knows what we can bear... we come into our mature years and the trials of life become larger... because He knows they will help us grow... yet a bit longer and into our later years we arrive, when the challenges we faced in this life will give us the words to encourage others...

He knows and He cares,
Until next time,
Jean




         

No comments:

Post a Comment