Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Our Speech...

... is a true reflection of our hearts... the Bible says it is, so it is.

As I reflected on this, I thought deep and hard and sought the Lord and wisdom for myself... for as I have mentioned this is my weakness.  Each day I long for the Lord to 'keep a guard over my mouth...'  Each day I strive to think before I speak... He is faithful even when I am not. 

As I pondered I thought about the truth in this... often times what goes on in our thought's isn't necessarily what we want to come out of our mouths... we don't always think 'nice' things.  Then stresses come along... frustrations...  we get diverted out of our 'positive' thought patterns and... oh no, why did I say that?  happens again.  Sometimes our thought patterns are not what they should be... sometimes we don't want to hurt others with our true feelings... sometimes we are just mad...
How do I find victory in these things is my constant question and longing... I need to concentrate on the Lord and what His word teaches...

Here are some helps that I treasure...

What is Peter’s advice?

"Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing: knowing that ye are
thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile" (I Peter 3:9-10).

Who does the Apostle James say is a perfect man?

"If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body" (James 3:2).

How do our words reflect the condition of the heart?

Jesus said, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things."

His word is true and will bring life to those who seek it's truth,
Until next time,
Jean
    

No comments:

Post a Comment