Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Loving Kindness...

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer" (Psalm 19:14).

We are faced with challenges every day. They can come in many different forms, but yet they remain challenges that we must face and deal with.  I see this real close up in my children's relationships with each other... I think I have mentioned that I was an only child and don't always get the bickering that happens in everyday life between siblings... although with six children I have had to learn to 'get it' as time as pressed on.  It always amazes me how they can be getting along famously one minute and the next be fighting like cats & dogs... ahh, parenthood!  I try to understand that just because they are children doesn't mean they don't have frustrations as well as happiness. They are people too with likes and dislikes...

Loving kindness is the lesson that must be taught though.  This is a challenge in itself as a parent... how to train this in children when you yourself have this struggle... The blessing in all this is that I don't have to do it all alone... I have my Lord and He is there each and every day as I seek His guidance
in all life's challenges I face. He is there to encourage me through His word, church messages, through my family and friends.  Life may present those challenges, but I believe that 'I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me'...

"Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: keep the door of my lips" (Psalm 141:3).
Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment