Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Winning Their Hearts...Having Their Love


"Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb." Leroy Brownlow, from Flowers For Mother

Being a mother is one of the most fulfilling things in my life.  I love my children more than words could ever describe... more than they will ever understand until, Lord willing, they have a precious child of their own.  At times I don't feel worthy of the title, but I keep pressing on with that faith that someday it will all be worth it... line upon line... precept upon precept... so the saying goes.

Today Ethan and I planted two new climbing rose bushes.  The one is yellow and I told him that the color yellow is for friendship in the world of roses... I told him I want this to be his rose from me because he is my friend and I love him... he looked at me and said, 'thanks'.  That may not sound like much to you, but believe me that was a thousand words for Ethan.  You see he is my 'still water's run deep' child... not to mention his first choice of activities is not gardening!  He is so very sweet and loving... yes he can be a stinker just like any other child, but his soul is so deep.  I long to 'train him in the way he should go so when he is old he will not depart from it'...

Training is the hard part with children; consistency, loving discipline, tender words, occasional stern looks, gentle touch... oh for wisdom.  Most of you know we have six children and each one of them is so unique and different in their own ways.  There are obvious similarities among some of them in the way of looks and temperaments... but they each have their own likes and dis-likes, favorite foods, hobbies and the list goes on.  It can be a challenge to know how to deal with each one and their own special 'needs'...

As a mother, mom and mommy my days are filled with loving and caring for each of these blessings... I couldn't ask for more.

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment