Monday, July 23, 2012

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill

Boy time has a way of ticking on by... I can't believe I haven't been here in several days... I absolutely love my blogging but I love being outside even more... strolling through the gardens, picking a weed here & there... walking hand in hand with little Evan and Aaron and smelling the flowers.  The other day I was watering the porch pots and Aaron wandered over to the front garden where I have a row of peonies... there he was very carefully clutching each bloom, which by the way were almost the size of his precious little head, and sticking his wee little noes way in to take a big whiff... so innocent & sweet. 

On Sunday at church the minister gave this quote:  "Satan would rather have us to do good things and not be good people.  God would have us to be good people so we do good things."  I thought that was interesting... and then the above quote by Churchill was on the bottom of my journal page... how fitting I thought, and very true indeed.  We are always on the way to do this or that and life has a way of getting ahead of us... then all of a sudden we realize that we missed some important stuff along the way.  Our children won't always be little and we always won't be young...

Today was our second child, first son, Kyle's first day of driver's training... wow, how time flies.  I can still see him taking his first steps and toddling about in a diaper... now he is behind the wheel of our truck... they don't stay little long.  I want to take the time to be what they need... what my husband needs... what God want's me to be... I want my family and friends to remember me for what I gave in the way of my time and love, not what I accomplished in life.

Take time and smell the roses... the blooms fade fast.
Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment