Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Complexities of Life

"Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any; even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye." Colossians 3:13 KJV

The tongue is an unruly evil that no man can tame... this is true because the Bible say's it is.  I believe it, because I live it!  My mouth is where I most often stumble and fall in my christian walk along with my bad temper.  It seems my temper is lit and then my mouth follows right quick behind.  It seems no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to conquer this unfavorable trait.  I wonder if this is what Paul means by the thorn in the flesh... or maybe it is a bit of pride...I don't know. 

I always tell the children to use kind words and be kind to one another and others... but more is caught than taught they say.  I want to set an example of this through my life for them, but boy is it difficult some days...  They also say that our children are a reflection of who we are... I want so much to have a reflection of Christ in my life that it will shine through onto them... Forgiveness is also a trait that I want to teach them... one I hope I set a better example in.  I know that I often need to go to them and ask for forgiveness... Children are so forgiving in nature when they are little... they are so quick to say, 'no problem mom!'  I am thankful for that.  Our children will learn to ask and give forgiveness much more quickly when they see it being practiced by us parents... just like kind words and slow to anger lessons... I have a lot of work to do in my life, but I am glad that He is always there to forgive and help me keep moving forward.

Forgiveness is a gift that none of us are truly worthy of...  
Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment