Friday, July 27, 2012

Swinging my little boy...

"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is His reward." Psalms 127:3

Swinging my little boy...

What a beautiful day... the sun was shining, church was wonderful and we had a delightful afternoon of fellowship and food at a dear friends home... what more could we ask for?  The boys played hide 'n' seek through the woods, volley ball with an imaginary net while the girls sang songs and went for walks along the woodland paths... life is good.

I laid Aaron down for the night and then I strolled outside to watch the boys play ball... Evan was 'wandering'... he asked me to swing him... so he climbed on the tree swing and I pushed him... he loves to be pushed... we laughed and told each other how much we loved each other...'all the way to the stars & the moon mom!'... children can bring so much joy to our lives.  Soon it was time for him to go to bed... that didn't go over so 'sweetly' shall I say, he still wanted to swing, but mother knows best so off to bed we went... we talked about how he played today with his little friends and showed them his tree house... how he hunted for bears... 'are you afraid of bears mom?' ... 'yes, but I am sure you will protect me...' 'of course I would mom'... Then he went on to pray for our neighbor lady so she would quit smoking because she is nice and she always gives him cookies.  He is four and a half and so very adorable to this mommy...  I wish I could hold onto these moments forever... I wish I could always protect them... I wish I could always help them make the right decisions...

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment