Saturday, June 2, 2012

Parenting...

"A father's goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother's goodness deeper than the sea." Source Unknown

Being a parent is one of the greatest challenges as well as joys any human can know.  It brings with it a multitude of responsibilities including teaching, nurturing, admonishing and unconditionally loving to name just a few.  All these things are part of our daily lives from the moment they are born into our families until the day they leave the nest.  I have often said that I don't think I will ever go through that 'empty nest syndrome'. I don't know... It seems like each stage that they go through from baby days of crawling into walking into running and then the day of marriage taking them of to start a life of their own is something I look forward to.  Those future days to come, Lord willing... I don't see them as a loss, but as part of a completion to hopefully 'a job well done'.  A day that they can go forth on their own and live a life that will bring them happiness and fulfillment serving God in their lives. 

Children can cause us parents both joy and sorrow and I believe that can go the other way as well.  I pray that our children will know the love in our heart's for each of them all the days of their life.

"We never know the love of our own parents for us until we become parents." Henry Ward Beecher 

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment