Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kindness begets kindness...

I played in the greenhouse with Evan today, he came to 'help'!  I planted some Basil & Rosemary, some onions and radishes while Evan played, oh I mean helped in the dirt box. Ahhhh the smell and touch of dirt, it is good for my soul.

He is such a sweet little guy, I just love talking to him.  This morning Neil, Taylor, & I were sitting in the living room and I was talking to Neil while Evan & Aaron were playing.  Evan say's, "Mom, you talk way more than Dad."  It was just because I was talking at the same time he wanted to say something (haha), but Taylor jumped all over that one.  She smartly (so she thought anyway) said, 'out of the mouths of babes'.  Of course we all laughed and Evan thought he was pretty smart about the whole affair.  But as I thought on Taylor's statement I realized how true it is.  Our children certainly can keep us humble- I am sure all parents can relate.  Really, they are just little 'us' aren't they?  They mimic not only our good, but also our somewhat unwanted personality traits too.  When we see our children little or grown what do we see?  When they are little we still have time; when they are grown we still have time.  It's all about relationships...

Until next time,
Jean  

No comments:

Post a Comment