Monday, April 9, 2012

Gardening is a joy....

"Home is where your garden is, where you can sink your toes into the cool green grass and the children can chase fireflies on a warm summer night..." adapted from Marty Ross, Country Garden's Early Spring 2012issue, pg. 28

Yes this is my heart exactly!  I am so very blessed to be able to 'garden' for a living... to be able to go out to the green houses and 'play' in the dirt in the dead of winter...  Come to think of it, I have so many blessings in my life.  Have you ever stopped and taken a sheet of paper and wrote down all the things you are so happy to have, be able to do, people you call friends & family?  I had one of our children do this a few years back, some 'unthankfulness' was shining through.... anyway, when this little chore was completed and compared to the 'don'ts and can'ts' in life, things didn't really seem soooo bad!  We are all like that sometimes, human nature likes to creep in and throw a few curve balls into the really blessed life we have.   Life is full of challenges, disappointments, losses... it always will be!  But everyday has even more good.... we just have to look for it.... through all the other stuff! 

My garden is where I 'get away' from it all, or a seed catalog, or a gardening book  or magazine.... but more often then not, I can get away best when I am on my knees.  Where do you get away from the cares of this world? 

until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment