Saturday, April 28, 2012

Complainers...

We all know a few of these unfortunately don't we?  How do we keep looking up when things don't always seem so wonderful?  My question often is,  "How do I prevent my children from becoming a 'chronic complainer'"?  One that is thankful for Brussels sprouts and just eats without complaining... or one that says 'my cup is still have full instead of my cup is already half empty'.  I have so little patience for a complainer.  My discussion yesterday about unconditional love really comes into play for me in this department.  I just look at all we have and how good we have it.  I wonder if the starving people in Africa or Russia would complain about the food put in front of them... I wonder if the child sleeping in a card board box in a Los Angeles alley because they have no home would complain about going to bed at nine o'clock.... I wonder if the widow would complain about her husband coming home late from work or just be thankful she has him coming home... I wonder.

Complaining  can become a terrible habit and the more one looks for the negative the more one will find it.  When we look for the good, we are sure to find that as well.  Today it is snowing so I must practice what I preach right now, and it isn't easy for me on days like this.  Especially when yesterday I walked to green house with no jacket.  But I try to be thankful for the snow because my children love it, and I love them.  It is all in our mind set isn't it?

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."   Philippians 4:8

Until next time,
Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment