Friday, January 25, 2013

I See The Moon and The Moon See's You

Last night little Aaron comes and takes my hand, pulling it and gesturing for me to come with him. So of course I drop everything I'm doing and go with my little sweetie.  He takes me upstairs to the big hall window and points out and says in his little language 'the moon'.... Oh how my heart just about leapt out of my chest... I love that little man so much.  You see, I have always told all my children that I love them all the way to the moon and the stars... and back again.  Even though Aaron is only two, he knows how much mamma loves him.  I grabbed him up and just hugged him and he hugged all the way back, giggling that he showed me our 'love moon'. 

"How much do you love me mommy?" Evan likes to ask... "Well don't you know?" I ask because this is what he wants to hear.... "Nope... tell me mommy..." "Oh my... I love you all the way to the stars and the moon and back again, that's how much I love you Evan!"  Eyes twinkle with delight and the little five year old arms get thrown around this mommies neck along with a bunch of kisses...

A mothers love knows no boundary... it's as vast as the wide, open ocean... as big as the endless sky... as free as the wind...

a poem... 
"Mother's Love"

"Her love is like an island
In life's ocean, vast and wide,
A peaceful, quiet shelter
From the wind, and rain, and tide.

'Tis bound on the north by Hope,
By Patience on the west,
By tender Counsel on the south,
And on the east by Rest.

Above it like a beacon light,
Shine faith, and truth, and prayer;
And through the changing scenes of life,
I find a haven there.
    - Author Unknown

Love is free to give... love is free to have...
Until next time...
Jean 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment