Thursday, November 22, 2012

Attitude With Gratitude



"Simple gratitude helps us experience God at work in every moment of every day." Harriet Crosby

We have so much to be thankful for in our lives... most of us have very little that we 'want' for ... 
With an attitude of gratitude we can look on in faith and not allow the distractions in life to move us... We can remain grounded in Him and trust that each wave that wants to crash over the joy cannot move us because we stand on the Rock.  With the Lord carrying us through we can be thankful for not only the good days but be joy filled when trials come as well.


Today being a day that is set aside to give thanks, what do we think of? As I ponder on this I thought it would be enlightening to make a list...

I am thankful for...
My Lord and the salvation that He has provided for me through His shed blood on Calvary...
That salvation through grace was available to a wretch like me...
That no matter how many times I fail in my daily life, I can turn to Him with a repentant heart and know that He is there for me with open arms... 
That my God forgets...

I am thankful for my family...
For the smiles that greet me each morning...
For the cuddles and the hugs from the little ones...
For the 'thanks' and 'I love you too' from the older ones...
For the love and the laughter we share...
For shared dreams and desires... and the tears that are given me with shared inner fears...
For the "I prayed mom..." from those young tender hearts...

Oh that my life would be one that shows all those around me a thankful heart... A heart that is an out pouring of His perfect love in every situation... An example to my children that no matter what He is there for them...

"That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works." Psalm 26:7

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment