Thursday, August 9, 2012

What a beautiful day



"This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.." Psalms 118:24
What a beautiful day... I love summer!  Honestly though I can't believe we are already to coming to the end of June... where does the time go?  Soon we will be looking at the beautiful colors that Autumn will bring and then for me the dreaded snow of winter.  But let's not focus on that... I am in my summer and I am happy to be here.
There are a lot of things to get us down in the dumps... but there is so much more if we only take the time to look that will bring joy into every day... Right now I hear the birds chirping away... saying 'good morning' to all who will listen... the sun is shining... the sky is blue... there is a gentle breeze that is making  the tops of all the plants flutter about... and then there is the quiet all around... a simple quiet that allows my thoughts to focus on higher things... thoughts of all I have to be thankful for...
A cheery thought...
"You are never alone... there's truly nothing we need know if we have faith wherever we go.  God will be there to help us bear our disappointments, pain, and care, for He is our Shepherd, our Father, our Guide.  You're never alone with the Lord at your side."   Helen Steiner Rice
Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment