Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mothering

"A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary."  Dorothy Canfield Fisher

Being a mother is no easy task, nor should it be taken lightly.  These little souls that we have been given charge over are not our own, but His above.  The love we show them while here in this world will give them the basis of the love that they too will share someday.  Each one, and we have six, are all natured differently~ yes a few are more alike than the others, but they each have their own skills, likes & dislikes, short comings, good & bad habits and all the rest that goes along with them.  It can be a real job trying to keep everyone happy & feeling loved.  Of course they have bad days just like us parents/grown ups and need to be respected and nurtured through those times as we would like to be. 

Taylor is a girl and has all the common emotions that girls have, but she is so sweet, funny, quit witted, the best baker I know, super thoughtful & generous~ these are just a few of her wonderful traits.  Although sometimes we butt heads, I need to continually remember she is trying to figure herself out and understand the changes that are coming all to quickly in her life.
Kyle is in the that in between stage of trying to be a man and still acting like a little boy yet.  He is awkward sometimes but he is always ready with a smile.  He is typically a happy, good natured boy who loves his baby brothers, he enjoys construction and gardening and loves to play ball and hockey.  He won't be my little boy for very much longer.
Ethan is our quiet one~ 'deep waters run still' I always say about him.  He too is at that kind of in between stage~ not yet a man, but not a little boy either.  He loves to do anything handy and mechanical and I know I can always count on him to get it done!  He has a will that if directed in the right way will do great things some day.  I don't mean be the president or rocket scientist, but a wonderful father & husband and God serving man.
Ryan is still my little boy even though he wants to be a man, he has a while to go yet.  He is always full of smiles & giggles and belly laughs- he's a lot like his dad~ so I know he will be a fine man some day.  I am in no hurry to get him there though.
Evan & Aaron, well they are still my babies and happy to be~ and that is just fine with me.

"Her children arise up and call her blessed." Proverbs 31.28  I pray someday they will all be able to this....

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment