Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good Things


"Can we ever have too much of a good thing?" Miguel de Cerrantes

What a question to ponder I would say!  Now let's think about some 'good' things~ a deep and personal relationship with the Lord, health, food, shelter, clothing, love, family, a good church, friends, financial security~ I guess to name just a few off the top of my head.  I am sure as each of you thinks about this your list may be similar or completely different.  It all depends on what makes 'you' happy!

As I have said so often, happiness is a choice.  Yes, people and circumstances can definitely contribute in one way or the other in our level of happiness, but the final decision is still ours.  I always think of people who have truly suffered and thought about their legacies~ Corrie Ten Boom, Joni Erickson-Tada, Mother Theresa, to name a few.  These people chose to accept the situations they were dealt in life and make a positive stand with them.  They all chose to honor God in their sorrows and not blame Him.  This can be a challenge for some, especially if they don't know His perfect love. 

Today is sunny with lots of puddles, but I am feeling better, I still have a runny noes, but you know what?  The sun is still shining, I am going to transplant some more of the Heirloom tomatoes in the green house (my personal HAPPY place), I have six wonderful, healthy busy children and so much more!  Yes, there are lot's of 'things' I may want, but I have everything I need!

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment