Thursday, April 26, 2012

Love is....

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart."  Helen Keller

Today Evan & I were in the green house again, him playing in the dirt box and me seeding pepper's, eggplants, lettuces and more herbs.  I am getting some things ready for the plant swap at the winter market.  It was 80degrees in there and the warmth of the sunshine felt so good.  Evan wanted to go bare foot, and really it would have been warm enough, but I thought not yet little buddy.  His big blue eyes looked at me and suddenly he said to me, "Mom, know how much I love you?" Of course he wanted to me to say no and ask how much, so I humored my little boy.  "I love you all da'way to da' stars & moon mom."  "I love you that much too Evan".  When I saw this quote from Helen Keller who couldn't see any of the beautiful things that I get to gaze upon each day, I thought of this moment with Evan. He is so sweet and little and his unconditional love for me never seems to fail. 

Unconditional love is not always an easy thing to give but when we bestow it upon the unworthy it always comes back three fold.  When we give a smile, we are sure to receive one back.... when we give a listening ear to a weary soul, we will someday be rewarded with a caring friend.... when we give a helping hand, we will indeed be helped some time in one of our times of need. 

"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails..."  1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment