Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Life's Happy Moments

"Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts." Charles Dickens

The sun is shining and the day is absolutely beautiful.  Neil & I went for a stroll in the green house to look things over and the plants are growing famously.  You add a few days of sunshine and some smelly fish fertilizer and wow, how things burst forward- or should I say upward.

This brings me to another type of growing, what we allow to grow in us.  I am a gardener through & through which means  I relate a lot of things to growing and what it takes to make them mature.  Love for instance only grows when we are happy, content, peaceable, respectful, friendly and most importantly lovable.  Love can't grow through anger and bitterness nor can it grow through disrespect and thoughtlessness.  Just as a tiny seed must be nurtured, so must love in any relationship.  Plants need four things to grow: a container of some sort with a growing medium, moisture and  sunshine. If I were to water the seeds with vinegar they would never grow.  The two main ingredients to a happy relationships are love & respect. Most ladies want to be loved and most men want to be respected.  These two ingredients make for a much more friendly environment and when applied liberally you watch things grow. It's not always that easy is it?  Not at all, but this is where the growing part comes in.  I once heard, "Feed what you want to grow and starve what you want to die."  There is a lot of wisdom in this and can be attributed to just about every aspect of life.

I find as I feed my Christian walk with 'good stuff' I grow upward and this helps with the everyday stuff that happens in life.  When I slack off and start starving myself of the 'good stuff' then I start on a downward slope.  Each day is a choice on what I will feed or starve.  It is for each one of us...
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Until next time,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment